Do you want to build a snowman? Or even just a little snowball? Snow play is lots of fun, and a great sensory experience for children. We've got two different snow recipes you can try.
Flaky Snow Recipe
( The kind that's good for snowflakes)
What you need:
- shaving foam (white)
- baking powder
- glitter (if desired)
1. Add a few tablespoons for baking powder to a bowl.
2. Spray shaving cream on top and begin to mix. You could use your hands or a wooden spoon.
3. Mix for 1-2 minutes. Add more baking powder if required) until you make a snow powder consistency.
4. Now is the moment to add some glitter if you'd like to and give it an extra stir.
5. Pour the snow onto a tray and have fun playing in the snow!
Extension idea: Add some vinegar to see what happens!
Icy Snow Recipe
(The kind that's good for building snow-dinosaurs)
What you need:
- 500 grams cornflour
- 275 ml baby oil
- Buttons, beads, sticks, carrot ect ( for snowman decorating)
1. Add 500 grams of cornflour to a mixing bowl.
2. Slowly add in the baby oil and mix. You might not need all 275ml.
3. Once in a dough-like consistency pour onto a tray and begin rolling balls out of your snow to make a snow-man.
4. Use buttons or beds to decorate your creation.
- Mix the two different kinds of snow together to see what happens.
- Add additional props to your snow landscape, you could cut trees out of cardboard or make a cabin out of a box. You might even have some plastic toys at home you could use and wash down afterwards.